Steven D. Reece, Founder and CEO of The Matzevah Foundation, discusses the impact that the destruction of the Jewish community in Poland had one the nation.
- Films“Poland has a huge hole in it”
- ResourcesPublication: The Archaeology of Cultural Genocide
In this paper, Professor Caroline Sturdy Colls provides a timely assessment of approaches to the investigation of cultural genocide.
- PiaskiPiaski: Mass Graves
Witness testimonies and archaeological evidence demonstrate how cultural genocide turned to mass killings in Piaski's new Jewish cemetery.
- ArticlesDesecration of Synagogues and Other Religious Buildings
As well as Jewish cemeteries, synagogues were widely targeted by the Nazis as part of their efforts to attack Jewish culture.
- OświęcimOświęcim: Destruction of the Cemetery
As part of the attack on Jewish property, the Jewish cemetery in Oświęcim was desecrated.
- ArticlesOświęcim: Transforming the Town
Oświęcim was one of the first towns in Poland to be invaded by the German army after the outbreak of World War II.
- ArticlesPiaski: The Evolution of Anti-Semitism
The Jewish population of this vibrant town faced anti-Semitism for centuries