Anna Świetlicka (née Łysakowska) was 12 years old when the Nazis occupied her home town, Piaski (Poland).
- PeoplePiaski: Anna Świetlicka Eyewitness Testimony
Piaski: Kurt Thomas Eyewitness Testimony
- PiaskiPiaski: Mass Graves
Witness testimonies and archaeological evidence demonstrate how cultural genocide turned to mass killings in Piaski's new Jewish cemetery.
- PiaskiPiaski: New Jewish Cemetery
The new cemetery in Piaski contains evidence of severe damage to matzevot, executions and mass graves.
- PiaskiPiaski’s Old Jewish Cemetery
Piaski's old Jewish cemetery has been totally destroyed and killings took place in its grounds.
- PiaskiPiaski: Social Action
Volunteers from across Poland and around the world came together to clean Piaski's cemeteries
- PiaskiPiaski: Vandalism, Misuse and Neglect in the Present
The Jewish cemeteries in Piaski were desecrated during WWII and used as killing sites. But vandalism, misuse and neglect still continues today