A new publication by our partners Dr Artur Szyndler and Dr Jacek Proszyk discusses the history, symbolism and natural environment of the Jewish cemetery in Oświęcim.
- ResourcesPublication: Cmentarz Żydowski w Oświęcimiu
- EventsOświęcim: Jacob Hennenberg Eyewitness Testimony
Jacob Hennenberg born in 1924, was 15 when the Nazis forced all the citizens of Oświęcim (Poland) to leave.
- OświęcimOświęcim: Destruction of the Cemetery
As part of the attack on Jewish property, the Jewish cemetery in Oświęcim was desecrated.
- OświęcimOświęcim: Camp Judenfreidhof
In Oświęcim Jewish cemetery, the Nazis further desecrated a sacred site by turning it into a camp.
- ArticlesOświęcim: Transforming the Town
Oświęcim was one of the first towns in Poland to be invaded by the German army after the outbreak of World War II.