When Jewish cemeteries are vandalised and destroyed, it is an attack at the very heart of Jewish communities.
- ArticlesJewish Cemeteries: Desecration and Cultural Genocide
- PeoplePiaski: Anna Świetlicka Eyewitness Testimony
Anna Świetlicka (née Łysakowska) was 12 years old when the Nazis occupied her home town, Piaski (Poland).
- PiaskiPiaski’s Old Jewish Cemetery
Piaski's old Jewish cemetery has been totally destroyed and killings took place in its grounds.
- PlacesWąwolnica: Executions and Violence
The Jewish cemetery in Wąwolnica became a killing site when men from the town were shot and buried there.
- PlacesWąwolnica: Destruction of the Jewish Cemetery
Desecrated by the Nazis and hidden under dense vegetation, Wąwolnica's Jewish cemetery still contains some reminders of pre-war Jewish life in the town.
- PlacesWąwolnica: From Safe Haven to Killing Site
When Jews from surrounding areas faced persecution many fled to Wąwolnica. However, this supposed safe haven witnessed cultural genocide and mass murder.
- ArticlesPiaski: The Evolution of Anti-Semitism
The Jewish population of this vibrant town faced anti-Semitism for centuries