A diverse group worked to clear and restore the cemetery with a dedication to remembering the past and building bridges for the future.
- EventsOświęcim: Social Action
- PiaskiPiaski: Vandalism, Misuse and Neglect in the Present
The Jewish cemeteries in Piaski were desecrated during WWII and used as killing sites. But vandalism, misuse and neglect still continues today
- OświęcimOświęcim: Destruction of the Cemetery
As part of the attack on Jewish property, the Jewish cemetery in Oświęcim was desecrated.
- OświęcimOświęcim: Camp Judenfreidhof
In Oświęcim Jewish cemetery, the Nazis further desecrated a sacred site by turning it into a camp.
- ArticlesOświęcim: Transforming the Town
Oświęcim was one of the first towns in Poland to be invaded by the German army after the outbreak of World War II.
- ArticlesPiaski: The Evolution of Anti-Semitism
The Jewish population of this vibrant town faced anti-Semitism for centuries